7/12/16

Employee Spotlight: Jackie DeWolfe


My journey to Liberty Mountain began about six years ago, I moved from a small town in Minnesota to Utah. My family always encouraged us to be outside, even in the frigid winter temperatures. I grew up next to a lake so I could usually be found catching frogs and salamanders, exploring Minnesota’s state parks, snowmobiling, fishing, or just wandering around the woods with my dog—not much has changed over the years! In my early twenties, I visited Yellowstone for the first time, and my love for the mountains was solidified. This sort of lit a fire of where to go once I graduated college, and this led to packing my car to Salt Lake City.


I remember vividly the first hike I went on was a fourteen-mile (over 4000’ of elevation gain) out and back called Mount Timpanogos. I really wanted to get some photos of the aspens fall colors, and the trees were on. Overly ambitious—I paid the price in the form of black toenails, blisters, and sore legs. Luckily, I became wiser, and continue to trail run, backpack, fly fish, and backcountry snowmobile with my boyfriend in some amazing places. My passion for the outdoors has always fueled my graphic design work, and to work at Liberty Mountain is icing on the cake!


About Jackie

Name: Jackie DeWolfe

Number of years working for Liberty Mountain: Almost three

Job title: Graphic Designer

What you do at Liberty Mountain: Create multiple print catalogs, print ads, email blasts, mailers, packaging, and various other design projects. My day is never boring!

Hobbies and Interests: Trail running, backpacking, backcountry snowmobiling, fly fishing, taking photos, mountain biking, fly tying, gardening, cooking/baking, and watching one too many episodes of X-files.



Favorite activity: A three-way tie, I love the simplicity of trail running, backpacking, and fly-fishing equally.

Favorite outdoor areas: Wind Rivers, and the High Uintas, the more remote the better!

Most interesting place ever lived: SLC, UT

Least interesting place ever lived: Mankato, MN

Top-five favorite movies: The Lord of the Rings, Into the Wild, Dumb and Dumber, A River Runs Through It, and Step Brothers.

Top-five favorite books: Into Thin Air, White Fang, The Hobbit, The Animal Dialogues: Uncommon Encounters in the Wild, and Travels with Charley.

Top-five favorite bands: Jack Johnson, Florence + the Machine, First Aid Kit, Tom Petty, and Fleetwood Mac.

Inspirational Hero: I have found most people I have met in my life to be inspiring; everyone has a story to tell.

Inspirational quote: “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller

Dream vacation: Alaska or Patagonia

Cake or pie: Pizza pie

Dogs or Cats: Dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment