9/20/12

Roughing It…Cabin Style


The following is a story from Eli Roberts, a Liberty Mountain Sales Rep.

For Labor Day Weekend, I packed my family of four, plus one dog, into the car and we drove to the cabin that sits on 20 acres of Pennsylvania forestland. We were even accompanied by my in-laws during our 3 days and 2 nights of pure bliss.



It felt so good to get out of the city and to relax and have some fun. Our time at the cabin was far from dull and left us wanting to stay there forever. During our time there, we caught and released a total of 12 bluegills, 4 perch, and 1 largemouth bass. The “fishing gods” were kind to us and even my daughter enjoyed the pleasures of casting a pole and reeling something in.

We spent the majority of the time playing on the ATV, hiking, and exploring while at the same time scouting out areas for the upcoming hunting season. We even pulled out the guns and worked on sharpening our skills. Watching my daughter shoot a bb-gun, hit the cans we were shooting at, and jump for joy after hearing the "ting" sound of a bb knocking over a soda can was one of the most priceless moments during the whole trip.



If it wasn’t for the outdoors and all the fun things you can do in the wild, I think I would go crazy. Pennsylvania has some great areas where outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen can go and play. I’m just happy to live in such a beautiful area of the United States.




No comments:

Post a Comment