10/2/17

Employee Spotlight: Chelsey Whyte



Half of my life I grew up on the beach and the other half in the mountains. From California to Idaho, and now Utah, I have always loved to be outside. I graduated from the University of Idaho with a degree in Recreation, exploring new outdoor adventures along the way. My last year of college I worked at a ropes course and rental shop exposing myself to working and fixing gear. After college I headed to Alaska to work for a glacier guiding company where trips included ice climbing, trekking, exploring, and zip lining. Alaska got really cold so I moved to Utah for the great access, awesome mountains, and new adventures. I had been a Liberty Mountain customer working for previous employers, when I noticed that Liberty was hiring I jumped for the opportunity.

Name: Chelsey Whyte

Time working for Liberty Mountain: 9 months

Job title: Sales Representative


Short description of what you do at Liberty Mountain: Work with Brick and Mortar shops in Colorado and the Midwest. Process ASAP and preseason orders, represent our house and exclusive brands, chat directly with our customers, answer all the questions I can, and provide outstanding customer service.

What do you like most about your job?
The people I work with both in and out of the office, constantly learning about new products, and being in the outdoor industry.

Active in the following sports/activities/hobbies: Hiking, camping, fishing, snowboarding, climbing, paddle boarding, wake boarding, dirt biking, and snorkeling when available.

Favorite activity: Snowboarding and snorkeling.

Favorite outdoor areas: Prince William Sound



Piece of outdoor gear you most wish you had: Inflatable SUP

Most interesting place ever lived: Glacier View, Alaska

Top-five favorite movies: Blue Crush, Point Break (old and new), The Grinch, Star Wars, and Grease

Top-five favorite books: Meditation on the Mat, The Alchemist, Let My People Go Surfing, The Iliad, and The Odyssey.


First memory spending time Outdoors: My first memory was swimming in the Pacific Ocean. I grew up in Orange County, CA so the beach was my playground. I would body board (boogie board) all day until the waves threw me around enough to call it quits. I never learned how to surf though; it’s on my list of to dos!

Inspirational Hero: My grandfather

Dream vacation: Being a beach bum in Costa Rica

Favorite food to eat outside: Coffee

Cake or pie: Cookies

Dogs or Cats: Dogs, especially the extra fluffy ones.

____________




Share this article with a friend:

No comments:

Post a Comment