11/2/16

Employee Spotlight: Morgan Sjoblom


I grew up in Salt Lake City having the beautiful wasatch range in my backyard. I would hike with my family here and there and snowboard a bit in the winter. As far as outdoor activities go though, I didn’t get out very often. Definitly not compared to now! It wasn’t until moving back to Utah, after attending Georgia State University, that I really got into outdoor activities. The south was great but I knew that I wanted to be back out west and working in the outdoor industry. The month I moved back I started working at Liberty Mountain. Ever since it has been an adventure in and out of work.

Photo: 13% SALT Studios

Name: Morgan Sjoblom (pronounced Showblum)

Number of years working for Liberty Mountain: 3

Job title: Graphic Designer

Short description of what you do at Liberty Mountain: As a designer in the marketing deptartment I work on a variety of visuals. Everything from digital, print, packaging, and products.



Active in the following sports/activities/hobbies: I have so many activities and hobbies that I do. Almost everyday after work (and sometimes before) I teach and learn aerials. I like to spend my sundays at the park doing AcroYoga and get out to the climbing gym a couple of times a month. When I find time inbetween those, I enjoy cooking and art projects.

Here are a couple videos if you want to check out the circus side of my life:



Photo: ShutterScorpion


Photo: David Terry Photography

Favorite outdoor areas: I love going to beaches and the mountains. This year I was lucky enough to visit 3 national parks: Grand Teton, Glacier and Grand Canyon (photos below). I also went on my first backpacking trip in the Tetons and accidentaly hiked the longest distance in my life, just a leisurely 20 MILES! I almost didn’t make it back to the campsite that day...





Most interesting place ever lived: Black Rock City

Least interesting place ever lived: Cedar City, Utah


Photo: David Terry Photography

Top-five favorite movies: Old School, Finding Nemo, My Neighbor Totoro, Forest Gump, and Interstellar

Top-five favorite books: Harry Potter series, Pendragon series, The Night Circus, The Ocean At The End Of The Lane, and The Pillars Of The Earth


Inspirational quote: “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” -Walt Disney

Dream vacation: A trip into outer space




Cake or pie: Red velvet cupcakes count right?

Dogs or Cats: I love them both but I’m super allergic to cats, so naturally have become more of a dog person. I love watching dog and cat videos!

8 comments:

  1. I've loved having the opportunity to practice AcroYoga with you, and get to know you, Morgan!
    Much love, you superstar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taylor :) The feelings are totally mutual!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha cedar city. amen sister. love all these gorgeous photos and hearing your voice through words. also, i don't think i knew about the red velvet cupcake thing! you've made your life exactly what you wanted and so exciting and amazing! i love you and am so proud to be your bff. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how much you love words haha Thank you :) I'm lucky to have such a great bff, love you!

      Delete
  4. Having such type of incredible blogs provoking the people to come and visit this site and comment. Thanks for all
    best tabletop grill

    ReplyDelete