The Valandre Odin Neo is featured in the Outside Magazine Winter Buyer's Guide. As a cold weather down sleeping bag, the Odin NEO is ideal for high altitude expeditions, general expeditions, winter alpine climbing, and general cold weather camping.
The Valandre Odin NEO sleeping is designed for extremely low temperatures at high altitude. The Odin NEO brings warmth and comfort to the climber, allowing them to save energy during the night and gather strength for the next day.
A technical high altitude expedition bag should be:
• A bag of volume (offering a possibility of layering)
• A bag with side-raised compartments (offering optimal side insulation)
• A bag that is capable of withstanding -40º F temps
• A bag with unbelievable compressibility that will decompress within minutes once removed from its compression bag (speed is safety!)
The Odin NEO is 10 percent lighter than its predecessor without making any compromises in quality. The bag provides isolation and protection, offering a genius inside volume which avoids compressing the down membrane to eliminate cold spots. The Odin NEO is a rectangular 4-piece bag consisting of one top layer, one back layer, and two side bands. The anatomical shape, including an articulated foot-box, is made and obtained by shaping the 4 pieces simultaneously. The "half moon" hood offers maximum insulation and the incorporated static draw-cord cinches the hood over your forehead tightly to optimally isolate and contain the warmth inside the bag. The anatomical 3D draft collar compensates for different lengths fully to protect your shoulders, neck, and throat and keeps you toasty from head to toe.
The architecture of the Odin NEO features precut anatomical baffles in a differentially cut construction (32 compartments). Compared to the Valandre Shocking Blue NEO sleeping bag, all values in the Odin Neo have been increased by 30%: 30% higher baffles, 30% more fill weight, and a short 53-inch expedition zipper.
The Odin NEO has been tested by professional testers in Stuttgart, Germany and on the Pik Lenin Mountain in Kyrgyzstan that confirmed the bag’s positive performance in -30º F weather. For extreme cold-weather adventures, the Valandre Odin NEO sleeping bag is the ideal solution for staying warm while you sleep. Don’t avoid exploring in the mountains just because it’s cold outside, grab yourself a Valandre sleeping bag and enjoy the adventure.
- Temp Rating: -46º F (extreme), -4º F (comfort limit), 10º F (comfort)
- Outside Fabric: 100% Polyamide Naylon 6-6 Ripstop 40.7 g/m2 DWR Treatment
- Inside Fabric: 100% Polyester 40.8 g/m2 DWR Treatment
- Fill: Filled with 95/05 "fatty" gray goose down from the south west of France. A unique and totally mature down quality, that has a fill power of 850+ cubic inches. A strong long lasting down with excellent moisture resistance.
- Compartments: 32 compartments (top and bottom separated), mounted using the second-generation tubular technology of h-box wall pre-cut and shaped anatomical shaped baffles.
- Length (external): 78.7 in (small), 84.6 in (medium), 90.6 in (large)
- Length (internal): 66.9 in (small), 72.8 in (medium), 78.7 in (large)
- Shoulder: 56.3 in (small), 60.2 in (medium), 64.6 in (large)
- Hip: 51.6 in (small), 55.1 in (medium), 59.1 in (large)
- Foot: 34.3 in (small), 36.6 in (medium), 39 in (large)
- Compressed Volume: 823 cu in (small), 854 cu in (medium), 884 cu in (large)
- Total Weight: 3 lb 6 oz (small), 3 lb 9 oz (medium), 3 lb 14 oz (large)
- Fill Weight: 2 lb 1 oz (small), 2 lb 4 oz (medium), 2 lb 7 oz (large)
- MSRP: $899.95
Valandre is one of the many brands exclusively distributed in the U.S. through Liberty Mountain. Visit LibertyMountain.com or contact the Liberty Mountain Sales Team to become a Valandre dealer today.
Share this article with a friend: