Liberty Mountain-Peregrine Outfitters Merger
For Immediate Release
December 1, 2011.
Liberty Mountain and Peregrine Outfitters have signed an agreement for Liberty Mountain to acquire Peregrine and merge their distribution and fulfillment businesses. The transaction between these two long-time outdoor distributors is planned for completion in December 2011. Under the terms of the agreement, Liberty Mountain’s President, Gary Heward and his wife Diana, will be Owners of the newly combined Liberty Mountain/Peregrine Outfitters distribution organization and Gary will serve as President. Peregrine Outfitters’ President, Bob Olsen will continue as a consultant to the new combined entity.
The organization will operate under the Liberty Mountain name and will continue to use the Peregrine Outfitters, Riverstone and Peregrine brands that Peregrine Outfitters has built. Both organizations offer a wide assortment of products, and the newly merged group plans to not only support the different product lines currently represented, but expand on them.
“The new, combined Liberty Mountain/Peregrine Outfitters is being created to make it even easier for shops to order the widest selection of outdoor gear available anywhere”, states Heward. “We are confident that we will deliver the best that both organizations have to offer, to both our customers and suppliers”. Both organizations are well known for a great product selection, easy ordering and same day shipping of outdoor gear to shops throughout the United States. This business model will continue and be improved upon with this strategic combination.
Peregrine Outfitters has a long tradition of a great selection of products and services for the outdoor industry. Peregrine President Bob Olsen is proud of the organization he has created over so many years and wanted to find a way to build on his past efforts. According to Olsen, “We have respected Liberty Mountain as a tough competitor for many years. Both companies have worked hard to maintain high standards of performance, especially in the area of customer service. I have full confidence that they will build on Peregrine’s foundation and offer customers the same level of service that we have always given. I want to thank all of our customers and suppliers for their support over the years and look forward to working with them as they grow their businesses with Liberty Mountain.”
Liberty Mountain will continue to sell Vaude, Outdoor Designs, Trangia, Olicamp, Stram, Equinox and all other exclusive brands that each of the organizations currently distributes; an offering of nearly 800 brands and 15,000 non-exclusive items. These items/brands will be featured in the currently-in-production 2012 Liberty Mountain “Everything for the Outdoors” catalog that is widely used by outdoor shops throughout the United States.
In addition, Liberty Mountain will see no change in the exclusive Climbing Distribution it offers throughout North America, including Grivel, Edelweiss, Beal, Pieps, Singing Rock, Cypher, Stubai, Valandré and Kong. These key brands will continue to have their own catalog and be offered to the best technical shops.
The Liberty Mountain/Peregrine Outfitters distribution organization plans to continue to operate warehouses in both Salt Lake City, Utah and Montoursville, Pennsylvania for the foreseeable future. Shipping to Peregrine Outfitters customers should be completely moved over to the Salt Lake City and Montoursville warehouses by December 12th. Liberty Mountain has agreements to increase its space in both locations in the immediate future.
The newly merged Liberty Mountain and Peregrine Outfitters plan to exhibit at the upcoming Outdoor Retailer Show in Salt Lake City January 19-22 (Booth # 13013). Everyone is invited to visit the booth to find out more about the exciting plans for the future.
Feel free to contact Liberty Mountain or Peregrine Outfitters to learn more about this merger.
4375 W. 1980 S. Suite 100
Salt Lake City, UT. 84104
800-366-2666 ext. 222
nathans at libertymountain.com
For sales inquires, contact:
4375 W. 1980 S. Suite 100
Salt Lake City, UT. 84104
800-366-2666 ext. 206
peterm at libertymountain.com
PO Box 1500
25 Omega Drive
Williston, VT 05495
bob at peregrineoutfitters.com
• What is happening? Peregrine and Liberty Mountain are merging. Our goal is to make things even easier for all customers to order the widest assortment of product and will continue to add to this assortment moving forward
• When is this happening? Liberty Mountain will take over all of Peregrine's operations on December 8th. Shipping to all customers from Liberty's warehouses in Salt Lake City, Utah and Montoursville, PA will begin December 8th for most products. All products should be shipping by December 12th.
• Will Liberty carry all of Peregrine's Products? The goal is yes. This will allow an increased selection of products for all customers.
• What about my Peregrine orders and backorders? All open orders and backorders within the past 30 days will be transferred to Liberty Mountain’s system.
• What about pricing? Current Pricing and terms will be honored. 2012 pricing will go into effect February 1st, 2012 (this is standard pricing timeline for Liberty Mountain).
• Can I still use Peregrine item numbers? Yes. Liberty Mountain will be importing all of Peregrine item numbers into their system. All Peregrine items will be cross referenced to Liberty Mountain item numbers.
• What about Freight Programs? Freight programs will remain the same as stated in 2011 Terms and Conditions.
Peregrine’s dealer website, emails, phone lines, faxes, and shipments will be forwarded to Liberty Mountain on 12/8/2011. For more questions contact: Liberty Mountain
4375 West 1980 South - Salt Lake City, UT 84104-4820
Accounts Receivable – AR at LibertyMountain.com
Returns – Returns at LibertyMountain.com
Sales – Sales at LibertyMountain.com
Prodeal - Prodeal at LibertyMountain.com
Website Help – Webmaster at LibertyMountain.com